Video

I'm eating

 


Photo by Maxim Tajer on Unsplash


I think browsing AI Art on DeviantArt and Pinterest is useful when thinking deeply about Art.
Why were these patterns basically bubble-sorted together? Why this mix of influences?
I'm not thinking of the morality of stolen art to combine into AI Art. All Art is stolen. Did you need written permission from an Artist to be inspired by their work? Are you paying royalties to Artists that influenced your style? At some point, the flow of value is not monetized. It is simply nature. 
Given, monetization is important, but the ethics of monetizing art get blurry very quickly.
My eyes are eating your style, to combine with my own. I invoke fair use. 

So, browsing Pinterest and DeviantArt is nourishing because the soul is nourished by beauty as the stomach is nourished by food. Much like cells need to be rebuilt with materials provided by food, so does my style need to be rebuilt with materials provided by artists.

Comments

Popular Posts